Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thai Cucumber Salad!

A couple of friends and I went to a lovely Thai restaurant the other day to eat before our Beats Antique trip. My first visit to the restaurant was vague, so it was an eye-opener when trying the appetizer, the Thai Cucumber Salad. The cucumbers were filled with a delicious sweet and spicy flavor that was so unusual to me, I just had to attempt the dish at home. I found this recipe from B's Cucumber Page labeled under Thai Cucumber Salads and Relishes. Although I alternated the sliced red peppers and red onions with red pepper flakes and yellow onions (and let's not forget a favorite of mind, garlic), it came out relatively close to the Thai restaurant's dish. I do intend to prepare the salad again with the original instructions in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment