|From left to right: Lady Sherry, Lady April, Lady Morrighan, and Lady Paige|
Special thanks to Shella La Bella for her amazing photography.
We ladies of Tribal Happenings are back again to dance Thanksgiving weekend (Nov.28-30) at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival . This will be my fifth year on the fairground (Yay!) and it's starting to hit me that in two and a half weeks, we'll be shimmying across the stage at the Painted Badgers Pub.
What we have planned? Well...I can't say too much, but I can give you hints...
What to expect from a Tribal Happenings show
1. Expect to be welcomed by this woman, Shella La Bella. If you see her and she is making an announcement, listen!
2. Expect our show times to be the following: 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, and 3:00 pm. You'll know we're getting ready when the below happens.
3. Expect to be greeted with a big smile and a zaghareet from the stage. We're always happy to see new faces, so get comfortable.
|Founder and troupe leader of Tribal Happenings, Lady Morrighan,|
4. Expect to see new faces and the return of familiar ones. This year, we're welcoming Lady Kaela and Lady Katie, and welcoming back Lady Tara!
|From Left to Right: (Front) Lady Sherry, Lady Morrighan, and Lady Dawn; (Back) Lady Jennifer and Lady April|
5. Expect colorful skirts in action
|From left to right: Lady Lindory (Me), Lady Morrighan, Lady Sherry, Lady April, and Lady Paige (seated)|
And I mean LOTS of it...
6. Expect to see a group of dancers having the time of their lives as they leave a part of themselves on the stage.
We're getting closer, and I'm excited to see who we run into this year. Let the Tribal Happenings adventures commence!